Hinds Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Hinds Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
- Have a policy and procedure to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to the Commission in a timely manner in accordance with SACSCOC policy; and
- Notify the Commission of changes in accordance with the substantive change policy and, when required, seek approval prior to the initiation of changes.
- President, Vice Presidents, and instructional deans – report institutional changes to the Institutional Accreditation Liaison.
- Institutional Accreditation Liaison – monitors all institutional changes reported and provides training on substantive change as needed. The Institutional Accreditation Liaison also provides a timeline including dates for internal processes regarding substantive change.
- Semi-annually, the Institutional Accreditation Liaison will send the Substantive Change Notification Request to Vice-Presidents and instructional leaders requesting information on any institutional changes that have taken place in their areas since last report.
- For each change identified as substantive, the supervising Vice President will assign responsibility to appropriate divisional personnel to work with the Institutional Accreditation Liaison to complete the required materials for submission (e.g., prospectus and letters) within established deadlines set by the Hinds Community College Office of Accreditation.
- The Institutional Accreditation Liaison will review the substantive change request for completeness, appropriateness and consistency with SACSCOC policies and standards.
- The Substantive Change Committee at Hinds Community College will meet in November and April to review items submitted to the committee for the purpose of determining whether the proposed action meets the criteria for Substantive Change as described by SACSCOC.
- The college President or Institutional Accreditation Liaison is then responsible for preparing the formal transmission to SACSCOC.
- All substantive changes that are approved by SACSCOC will be announced by the Institutional Accreditation Liaison during the next monthly Instructional Affairs Committee meeting after the approval by SACSCOC AND given during the accreditation read-out report as part of the District Student Services Council meeting. (DSSC only meets during the months of Sept, Nov, Jan, March and June). The Institutional Accreditation Liaison is a member of both committees.